Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

R2P2D30/35 - Randomness abounds in this post

January 31, 2012

Round 2, Phase 2 (Very Low Calorie) Day 30/35

I'm not sure if it's because I'm doing HCG (where you pay very close attention to the days in the Phase that you are in), but January has FLOWN by.  I still am in denial that we're in 2012 ... I keep thinking it's 2002.  So, there went 31 days (and 23.8 pounds) before I knew it. 

Something else seemed to disappear ... that 1.5 pounds (and an extra 0.3 to boot) that I gained on Monday morning is gone today.  I was Perfectly on Plan (POP) and dropped 1.8 overnight.  Yep, that large number at this stage in the game tells me, my little oopsies on Sunday (however good-intentioned they were) created the gain on Monday morning.  I've lost a total of 54.1 pounds since October 17.  Praise the Lord!

Here's something I have just discovered about myself.  This Phase, I can't seem to get enough of tomatoes and honeycrisp apples.  I slice the apples really thin at each meal, and they really do a lot to boost my "lots of food" feeling.  Well, I had run out of them, so I was eating no sugar added Mott's applesauce.  It's yummy -- don't get me wrong -- but I found I was hungrier when I'd eat it.  You know what?  I think it's because of the fiber in a real apple that is missing in applesauce.  My mouth needs something to munch and my tummy needs something to process (I mean, applesauce looks processed going IN, so not a lot of tummy work needed there).  So, I've decided, for the duration (no matter if my last day in R2P2 is Sunday, or I extend it), I'm having honeycrisps at every meal.

That brings me to what my title is talking about ... I'm on the fence.  Do I start P3 on Monday (meaning, I end my drops on Friday night, making that my Last Dosage Weight), or do I go on?  I really don't know.  I'd like to be in P3, but I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE losing weight and (if you remember), P3 is not about losing (but maintaining) already lost weight.  Here's something I love about P2 ... this morning, I put on (and am wearing right now) a pair of knee-high boots (again, that I bought on major sale in December) which were too small last week.  They fit perfectly!  It's exciting.  Although, that makes the argument for the "start P3 on Monday" thing, because, my current clothes (most of them) are getting so baggy that if I keep going, I'll have to buy MORE winter clothes (which I don't want to waste my money on) to get me through.  I really don't want to spend money getting something altered, only to have to get it altered again in early May when I'm done with R3.  Or, buy new stuff that will only work for 2 months.  What an awesome "dilemma" to have!   I believe, this weekend, I will be going through my closet to make a donate, alter, can-wear-now and can-wear-next-round piles.  It's going to be a bit overwhelming.  But, in a good way.

So, there I am.  Undecided.  Perhaps my journey into the depths of my closet will decide for me.

Oh, and here's another praise to share --> remember how I shared (yesterday) that Sunday I went to my cousin's teenage childrens' baptisms?  Well, when I got there, I knew 2 people outside of the family (one is a friend of my Mom's who has known me from the moment I was born, and the other is my cousin's mother-in-law).  Both (separately) said they wouldn't have recognized me (which I still say, "huh" about) because I have lost a "ton" of weight.  Well, thank you God -- I've been telling people that I'm not sure if my loss is noticeable by those who aren't reading my blog (and, I swear I'm not begging for a fake compliment).  So, that brings me to this request ... I have decided that since I have those 2 pictures (front and side) of me from November 19 (my first day on Round 1 Phase 3), I need someone to take full body pictures of me this time when I start P3.   Any takers?  I can't BELIEVE I'm asking this, but I'm wondering if they will look different to me.  Evidently, I am the one who needs convincing!  I will need the pics taken Monday (on my camera -- I'm not giving them to anyone!).  If I'm in P3, that is.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!