Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Friday, November 18, 2011

R1 Phase 3 Day 1/21 - Bring on the protein and cheese!

November 18, 2011

Day 1/21

Today is Day 1 of 21 in the Phase 3 (proteins phase).  I couldn't BE more excited.  For numerous reasons really.
  1. I got on the scale, and after increasing my calories from 500 to 800 the last two days (that I didn't "do" drops), I lost weight.  SHUT UP!  I lost 1.3 this morning.  Go figure.  I added 3 more servings of protein to the 2 I normally ate, and the weight came off.  Nice. 
  2. I get to eat more meat!  Always a good thing in Julia-ville.
  3. I get to eat CHEESE (in smallish-doses mind you, but my fridge is FULLY stocked)!  I personally believe Heaven will be paved with golden cheese, but I could be wrong.
  4. It's Friday.  And, seriously, who isn't just a touch bouncier on Fridays?
  5. I have the week off next week.  I feel like I have Senioritis ... I'm coasting today.
  6. Tonight is a rehearsal dinner for my friend's daughter (who gets married tomorrow) and I'm going to be there as the wedding coordinator (should be interesting, since I've never been a bride!)
  7. I have my menu planned for Thanksgiving with Mom, Thanksgiving with Dad & Carol and a birthday party for my dear friend Kate.  Three things that COULD derail me, but since I have a plan, I'm betting I'll maintain.
So, I have a euphoric feeling today.  This is one of the things I love about this diet ... you don't stay in one Phase forever (well, at the VERY end, when you've hit your goal weight, you are in the "eat whatever you want, but make it sensible" phase forever).  I can do anything for 33 days (I just proved that to myself).  I can easily make it through 21 of MORE calories (you have to eat more [of the right things] to lose more -- go figure!).

So, happy weekend, everyone.  If you're doing HCG, happy fat cell releases (I guess that's the term ... dumping sounds disgusting!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!