Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

R2P2D24/35 - I've begun pulling out clothes from 2001!

January 25, 2012

Round 2, Phase 2 (Very Low Calorie) Day 24/35

11 more months til Christmas (don't kill me)!

I lost 0.8 ounces this morning.  That brings my total weight-loss to 2.8 in the 2 days of week 4 as opposed to 2.1 in the entire week 3 (last week).  I am praying that trend of consistent loss (can it be called a trend when it's only 2 days in a row?) continues.  I've lost 50.7 pounds since October 17.  That number hardly seems real, but I know it is.  I still struggle with this idea ... do I look different to people?  I look different to me ... I feel different ... but, I just don't "get" that I look different to people who don't know I'm doing this (or even those who know I am).  Yet, when I was dreaming about / plotting / planning to do this, when I thought about what I'd look like at almost 51 pounds off, I figured I'd be getting stopped all the time with people saying, "Wow!  You've lost weight!"  I'm not getting that a lot, but it is happening from time to time.  Uh, wait ... that sounds like I think the world revolves around me.  Yikes!  Talk about the good, the bad and the ugly, Julia.  But, I'll leave it in this blog.  My belief is, it's better to be transparent about my personality pit falls, because that'll help me change.  Yowsah, am I self-centered.

Okay, enough self-depricating.

This morning, I pulled out a dress that I bought on major sale (kind of like those 2 pairs of corduroys I talked about on Sunday) in December, which is 3 sizes smaller than when I started.  It fits perfectly.  Awesome.  I also pulled out 3 dresses that I saved over the years (only 3, but I loved them) from 2001 & 2003 that I was able to wear when I weighed about (at most) 10 pounds less than now.  I fit in them (1 is actually too big, so I believe I'll be donating it after wearing it once or twice)!  Of course, I look like a sausage in the other 2, so I'll wait for the public debut until I lose another 10 (or close to it).  But I couldn't even get these over my head when I started this on October 17!  Perhaps I can wear them as Phase 2 wraps up in 11 days?  I know, for sure, one of the dresses I wore (and I have a picture of myself in it) on Mother's Day in 2003 (and it was getting just a bit tight).  So, I'm pretty certain that I will be able to wear it (it'll probably be too big since I will just have finished Round 3 before) Mother's Day this year!  If you see me that day, look for a very long lilac colored dress (with me in it).  : )  That's my favorite and my "blue dot" of mini-goals for now.  After that, I'll have to buy the services of my friend JoEllen to alter the clothes I actually like or start buying new (discounted!) clothes.  It's rather exciting to think about being able to buy off of the sale rack.  When you are a plus-sizer, clothes that look normal are almost never discounted, or if you find something that fits and you're comfortable in, you have to snap it up right away, or you'll never find it again.  I'm looking forward to buying discounted, regular-sized clothes!

Here's a lovely verse for today from Job.  "... the hand of the Lord has done this.  In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind."  Job 12:9-10

Upwards and onwards today, folks.  See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. so let's go clothes shopping together sometime (in the same store) :) what fun--so many more choices for you!

    and here's a thought about people commenting on your weight loss: i think some (probably many) are uncomfortable saying anything out loud, maybe afraid of making you uncomfortable...believe me, your achievement is obvious --heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'll be fun ... in about 6 months, I think that'll be 100% do-able (shopping in the same store)! Although, I will never fit into little girl clothes like you do!

    Thanks for the kudos and note the people are noticing. I hadn't thought that people would actually feel bad about noting it to me! : ) Nothing to feel bad about ... not when you've looked like I have for almost 2 decades!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!