Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

R2P2D17/35 - I'm not feelin' the love ...

January 18, 2012

Round 2, Phase 2 (Very Low Calorie) Day 17/35

I know I've been a negative Nellie lately, and I'm sorry for that.  I really prefer to be Tigger to Eeyore.  Yet, here I am, with my little paper tail pinned on (random Eeyore reference), not bouncing on my bottom made out of a spring (a slightly icky Tigger reference).

The scale showed I gained 0.4 pounds.  Yet, for the first time in days, I FELT thinner.  I know this is all a numbers game, I should be measuring myself (I will on Saturday morning -- I like to measure on the weekend.  Don't bother trying to figure that out.  I can't) and I'm doing what I should.  But (and here's the BIG but), I'm feeling discouraged.  I looked at my losses in Round 1 each week and compared them to this Round, and, well, while they are still losses, they are WAY less.  Sigh.

Round 1 Week 1 loss = 12.1
Round 2 Week 1 loss = 11.2
Round 1 Week 2 loss = 10.2
Round 2 Week 2 loss = 4.3 (no, I didn't calculate that wrong)
Round 1 Week 3 (2 days) loss = 2.1
Round 2 Week 3 (2 days) loss = 0.8

See why I'm discouraged?  In week 2, there was almost an 8 pound difference!  Yes, I know I still lost 4.3 pounds in a week.  Yes, I know the average is 0.5 - 1.0 pounds a day by the time you end this.  Yes, I've lost 46.6 pounds.  Yes, I am in smaller clothes that I've held onto.  But, shouldn't I be seeing more results?  Will I have to do this for 3 years, just like people who do WW by the slow route?  Sigh.  See, I'm having a spectacular mope.  But, I did tell you you'd be seeing the good, the bad and the ugly.  I'll get over myself soon.  Right now, I'm in the middle of the forest (eating minimally) and having a hard time seeing the forest (big picture of weight-loss compared to other programs I've tried) through the trees (stalls, gains, slow weight-loss). 

I drank 144 ounces of water (you didn't read that wrong) yesterday, including 2 smooth move teas and a detox tea and I had a detox bath.  When I stepped on the scale this morning, it was flat.  I didn't believe it.  So, I stepped on again (BIG mistake ... I've gotten in a bad habit of weighing too much) and I was up 0.4 ounces.  Lovely.  I think I weighed myself 12 times yesterday to get to my lowest weight.  Not a smart idea.  I need to take what I see the first time I step on the scale and be done wit it!  Lesson learned.

So, since I don't want to make an idol of the scale, I'll get over myself.  I promise.  Right after this incredible mope I'm putting in writing.  Nice job, Julia.  ; )

There.  I'm almost over it.  Almost ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!