Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

R2P2D16/35 - What a difference 3 months makes!

January 17, 2012

Round 2, Very Low Calorie Day 16/35

It's been a very slow "race" this time around.  Of course, that is subjective.  I'm not gaining weight, and I am losing, but a LOT slower than Round 1.  Of course, as I've said before, I knew that was coming.  But, like most people losing weight, when slow downs happen, we always wish it would have happened later.  MUCH later.  Like, when we hit our goal weight.  ; )

But, as my dear friend Abigail W. shared with me yesterday, I ask God to "grant me a willing spirit to sustain me" (Psalm 51).  I needed that, because, I've been struggling with not feeling very positive about this (sorry, Abbie, Amy, Carrie & Lisa for having to read that on My Fitness Pal!).  For example, on Friday, in a most Eyore-ish way, I was talking to my dear friend Linda about how I don't want to get to the end of a 35 day cycle and find that I've "only" lost 10 pounds.  She said (bless her heart), "Yes, but just think.  If you were doing Weight Watchers, 10 pounds in a month is what they say is great.  Think how happy you'd be then?  So, 10 pounds is 10 pounds!"  Wow.  That was a perspective shift.  A loving kick in the rear (thanks, Linda ... that's what friends are for!) when I was feeling a bit, well, woe-is-me-ish.  She's right.  Anything off is better than on!  And, I'm at 16.6 pounds off this round.  So, maybe I'll end up at 25 pounds off instead of the 35 I had hoped for.  I mean, I still have 19 more days ... I'm not even 1/2 way done ... I could lose another 10 pounds, right?  Of course right.

So, I've been plugging away, eating my protocol food and seeing ounces come off instead of pounds.  But, they are coming off.  And, there are "small-ish" victories too.  I'll share them, because maybe it'll boost my positivity a bit.
  1. I achieved 45 pounds off (on Saturday) and have maintained that (as of this morning, I'm at 47.0 off).  That's nothing to sniff at, Julia ... nothing to sniff at.
  2. I have moved into a new decade!  That's a good milestone.  I think the last time I was in this decade was around 2004.  So, score!
  3. I put on a pair of knee-high boots on Saturday for a work party and they zipped up with no problem.  At the end of Round 1, they wouldn't zip up all the way (and it was a JOKE before I started this). 
  4. I put on a dress (again, for the party) that was WAY too tight on the bottom (biggest) half of me at the end of Round 1 (again, a joke before I started this), and, it was too big.  Yep.  Too big.  There's a positivity boost.
So, today is a new day.  Today marks the 3 month anniversary of starting the HCG diet.  It feels like I've been doing it forever (because my brain has changed a lot about food).  I'm solidly in this new decade (1.5 pounds in), although, I did weigh myself about 8 times this morning to get that weight, but in my defense, the scale kept changing, going down, so I kept stepping on until it stopped changing!  Regardless of the scale, or what I feel like, or or or, I'm going to live up to my promise to myself, God and you ... I'm sticking with this.  If I lose "only 20" pounds this 35-day round, that's okay.  It's still a loss.  Really, what else have I lost?  The fact that I lost out on all of the yummy food at the work party on Saturday?  The fact that I didn't get to eat any of Linda's Mom's yummy cookies?  Yes, I went to the movies 2 times last week and missed out on eating movie theater popcorn.  Yes, I've felt hungrier in the last week.  But, I've resisted temptations (many) and been okay!  And, most importantly, the food I can eat now is yummy (just less of it) and, it's helping me become less (in size) and more (in spirit) at the same time.  Praise God!

2 comments:

  1. Way to look at the brighter side!! This process definitely has its up days and down days (literally and figuratively). I agree with Linda...5 pounds a week??? Are we crazy for snubbing our noses at that or what? That only happens on week 1 at WW, not every week from there on out!

    I feel blessed to get 15 off per 21-day round, but in the middle I struggle with wanting treats, wishing more people would notice and affirm me (bleh)! I feel like I've been the same for too long :) BUT, I put on a skirt I wore back in the day when Amy and I did Gwen Shamblin's "Weigh-Down Workshop" and it fit perfectly--size 14, don't know why I still even had it!
    I look back to all the treats I indulged in while on P4 (and face it, P3)! and am trying to decide which ones were "worth it"...not that many! Food feels good in the moment, but it sure isn't a lasting pleasure--even an hour later I regret it.

    Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll stop there :) Hang in there, friend! You are doing great and are inspiring others without even knowing it! ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, thank you for your friendship and encouragement! Congrats on the smaller skirt and sticking with it (you go, Ms. 40-pounds off)!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!