Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Thursday, January 12, 2012

R2P2D11/35 - Exactly how does 1 ounce = a pound?

January 12, 2012

Day 11/35

I'll tell you where one ounce equals a pound.  Riiiiiiiiiight over there in that little weight-loss ticker.  I gained 0.1 pounds yesterday (I had lost 43.5, which means the ticker rounded up to 44, but now I'm at 43.4, which means the ticker rounds down to 43 pounds). 

Now, don't you naysayers start saying (or thinking), "I told you Julia wouldn't stick with this."  For many reasons, this 0.1 pound gain is not a problem.
  • I've lost 13.1 pounds in 11 days.  That's pretty awesome for Round 2.  My body needs a little time to catch up to my losses.
  • I'm tracking pretty well with Round 1 (meaning, while I was at 16 pounds off by this time in Round 1, you always have better losses in Round 1 AND, I officially have less to lose).  My weight loss slowed a bit in Round 1 around now, so that seems to be normal to me.
  • I didn't "do" anything wrong -- I ate like I should, stayed on protocol and I even resisted the strong temptation last night to eat some of my (like crack-cocaine to me!) salad dressing on my impromptu green salad (instead of cucumbers) I had with dinner last night.  Instead, I stayed on protocol (since I had already had my coconut oil in the Chocolate Delite at lunch) and used apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and some dried chives.  Not as good, but still not bad.  AND, I knew I resisted temptation (eating what would have been totally against protocol for yesterday, since it would have put me at 4 Tbs or more of coconut oil).  So, I made a right choice in the face of great temptation (I was hungry!).  That's good enough for me ... the scale can virtually stay still today.  Hopefully, it won't tomorrow.
  • Most importantly, I am going to live up to my commitment to myself, staying positive and trying to encourage myself.  Progress, not perfection.
So, here I am, starting a new day.  I'm not going to obsess over "stopping" weight-loss today.  I'm going to do the right thing (already had 33 ounces of water and will probably down another before lunch) and enjoy the snow that we finally got today.  Well, I will when I'm off of work tonight.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!