Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

R2P2D23/35 - Keep Your Friends Close

January 24, 2012

Round 2, Phase 2 (Very Low Calorie) Day 23/35

I have found a helpful key to success in this program.  Being on Facebook, and taking part in the private (meaning, it's only open to those 3,000 people accepted by the page owner) HCG forum.  It's run by the ladies who run the two websites called Miracle Skinny Drops (MSD) & Little Choices Matter.  They aren't selling anything (in fact, they don't care what type of HCG you use because), they'll answer any HCG question you have.  They (Carol and Shawna) are now my FB friends, and can give private advice to me, just as a real friend would, in my FB private in box.  Some times, I love technology (how many times can we actually converse, at the drop of a hat, with an owner of a business and website?)!

For example, I had a discussion with Shawna yesterday when I asked the question, "Can you stall from taking too much hHCG?"  In Round 1, I was taking 6 drops under my tongue 3x a day.  This round, I've been more liberal with them, and have been using about 8 - 10 drops 3x a day (and holding them under my tongue for at least a minute before swallowing (which I found out from Abbie C., I should have been doing in Round 1!). 

Shawna asked me the hHCG formula I've been using (not their brand) -- she wanted to see the % of hHCG, among other things.  After she got the formula from me, she wrote back that I actually have been way under dose, and that people usually increase drops in subsequent rounds.  She suggested that I go to the "normal" dose (what this company, healingpowerwithin, and others selling this particular homeopathic formula) say to use -- 80 drops a day or 1/2 a dropper 4x a day.  I had been massively underdosing (my 18 - 30 drops compared with the 80 drops I should have been taking each day)!  So, I immediately upped by drops around lunchtime yesterday, and I did 4 doses instead of 3.  You want to know what happened? 
  1. I felt satisfied with my food.  In fact, I ate a little less because I wasn't hungry like I'd been feeling in pretty much all of this Round.  Not ravenously hungry, but, for lack of a better term, pining.
  2. I wasn't tired.  I've been struggling a bit with the sleepies at around 8 - 9 pm (usually, I'm a midnight go-to-bed-er).
  3. I lost 2 pounds overnight.  And yes, I ate the same food I had the day before (but I did up my water a bit to 3L, since I probably had 2 the day before).
Basically, I felt like I did in Round 1.  I still feel that way this morning!  I have a little more pep in my step (thanks in part to the Vitamin B-12 that's in these drops), I'm not hungry, and I don't feel bloated.  So, I'm going to use more each day between now and the end of this Round.  That way, I'll finish out this bottle of drops by the end, and I can start with a new, fresh bottle for Round 3.  Thank you, God, for leading me to ask the question and get it answered quickly!

So, I've lost 49.9 pounds as of this morning.  My new goal, set a bit higher than it was when I started this Round, is to lose at least another 8.6 pounds in the 10 weigh-ins I have until I get to my Last Dosage Weight (LDW) on Saturday, February 4 (meaning, my last day is Sunday, February 5).  I'd like it if my LDW was a perfectly round number (and, of course, prime) so I can remember it easier when I'm trying to stay within 2 pounds up or down of it in Phase 3 (proteins).  8.6 is a HUGE goal, but it's less total off than I had hoped when I started (I wanted to be at 30 - 35 off in this Round, and instead, that would bring me to 26 off ... but that's better than the other direction)!

That means, I still have a lot of hard work to do.  But, I'm definetly on the home front of this Round (meaning, I have less than 2 weeks left in this Round of Phase 2).  I feel a bit like I did last Round this time -- relieved that I am coming to an end with this Phase (ready for proteins in Phase 3!) and like I might, just might, be able to extend this a little longer.  Funny, that's what I felt like when I was graduating from college ... "I could go on to get my Masters," but I decided to be sensible and get a job to pay off my loans.  I'm betting I'll follow suit and be sensible and move into Phase 3 so I can start Round 3 on time, the day after Easter.  After all, I want to load on Good Friday - Easter (which also happens to be my Dad's birthday).

Okay, that's enough of me for the day.  Happy Tuesday.  See you tomorrow, hopefully, a bit lighter.

2 comments:

  1. heather here...ok, so i've caught up again, and i'm making it a goal to keep up better with your blogs--a couple things i thought while reading:
    1) you were and are beautiful, just as beautiful to anyone who knows you with the extra 49.9 lbs or without them
    2) i'm so proud of you for sticking with this, for working so hard and losing weight, for doing what you need to do to feel better and be more healthy
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Heather ... talk about keeping my friends close! Thanks for the sweet, affirming words.

    Looking forward to seeing you and your brood on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!