Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

R2P2D2/35 - I'm MELTING!

January 3, 2011

Round 2, Phase 2 Day 2/35

Happy JRR Tolkien's 120th birthday, everyone!  Have you sent out your Tolkien cards yet?  Just kidding.

Okay, so, I am TOTALLY excited to be doing this reduction phase again.  It's so fun seeing myself melt on the scale, but in the mirror, my skin isn't sagging.  This morning, I'm happy to announce that my first official weigh-in today showed that my efforts yesterday almost got me back to my pre-loading lowest weight ... meaning, I lost 4.2 pounds for a grand total of 34.5 (not 35 like the little ticker shows there).  I am officially 2 pounds below my LDW on November 16.  Awesome!

Since I bucked the HCG system ("stay within 2 pounds of your LDW") and dropped 3.8 pounds below LDW on December 29 (making me 36.3 pounds less than my October 17 starting weight), I would like to lose another 2 pounds (hopefully by tomorrow), taking me into new weight territory.  (I feel like the Magellan of weight-loss territory. I HOPEFULLY will lose that by tomorrow, since the losses in the first week are usually the biggest.

For milestones, I'm 5.5 pounds away from my lowest WW starting weight (from 2001 and 2003), so I'm close to getting into new territory there.  If all goes well with this Round, I might get below my lowest weight in 10 years by May.  That hardly seems possible.  Also, when I was on WW in 2001, the most I lost was about 38 pounds.  I'm almost there (not in the weight that I am, but the weight that I've lost).  So, that little milestone will be nice territory too (when I can encourage myself with the phrase, "I've lost 40 pounds!).

I also checked my blood test results from my work physical on October 4 (remember, I started this on October 17) against my blood test results that my Doc & I decided to do on December 16 -- just to see if I'm better metabolically too.  My cholesterol dropped 39 points, and my triglycerides dropped about the same.  Awesome!

In my measurements, I have lost 2 sizes (roughly), 6.5 inches from my waist, 7.75 from my hips, 5.0 from my rear end and 4.0 from my stomach (among other places).  I'm not going to measure myself again until the end of this P2 round (I think, unless I hit a stall), so I'm hoping and praying to see myself melt even more.

Before I sign off, I thought I'd write down what I ate (the HCG approved diet) yesterday.  For those of you new to this, please go back and read my posts from October where I explain how this ISN'T a starvation diet, because when you see what I have eaten below, you will probably think it is (but it isn't):

Breakfast
1 Tbs of whole milk

Lunch
1 ounce Chocolate Delite
3.5 ounces of grilled, boneless, skinless chicken breast (with rosemary & thyme)
1 tomato
1 grissini breadstick
1/2 cup of sugar free applesauce (Mott's)

Dinner
3.5 ounces of grilled, boneless, skinless chicken breast (with roasted ginger & pepper)
2 small "gourmet" cucumbers
1 grissini breadstick
1 red delicious apple (sliced, with skin)

I also drank 2 cups of hot peppermint tea (about 16 ounces total), plain, and 84 ounces of lemon water.

I plan on having the same thing today (except, the chicken is mixed pepper for lunch and curry for dinner).  So, I'm pretty certain more will come off tomorrow, since I'm following protocol.  But, then again, this is Round 2, and everyone says it's harder on Round 2.  But, I'm encouraged because I'm doing the right thing, regardless of what the scale says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!