Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Sunday, November 13, 2011

R1P2D27/31 - Another pound bites the dust! And another one gone ...

November 13, 2011

Day 27/31

I almost can't believe I just wrote Day 28 in the title of this blog.  28 days?  Can that be possible?  I haven't had one taste of junk (including soda) for almost a month.  It's been 4 weeks exactly.   I have never done that in my life.  Wow.  I DO have will power!

Okay, so here's what I did yesterday.  I went back to basics.  I ate tilapia for both meals with a tomato, a grissini breadstick, and a roasted apple.  This morning, I was down 2 pounds, bringing my total lost to 28.2.  I'll take that.  If I don't lose anything more in the next couple of days (my last days on the drops), then, I'll be satisfied with 28 off.  It has a nice ring to it.  Of course, then my little pea brain starts thinking ... "Well, 29 is prime.  I'd really like 1 more pound off and for the number to be prime."  Then, it immediately goes to, "But, 30 is a nice round number and easy to remember."  Which then follows up with, "But, 31 is actually the best.  It's prime, it's a milestone of 30 off, AND, it'll be easy to remember."  Simmer down, brain.  Don't be greedy.  28 pounds off is a beautiful thing.  : )

Anyway, I dumped the chocolate delites (so many conflicting messages ... some saying not to eat macademia nuts in P2, which makes sense, because Dr. Simeon never said it was okay) yesterday, thinking that they might cause the gain.  And, I don't need chocolate in my life to be happy.  I know, that's odd since I'm a woman, but I've never needed it.  Neither do either of my parents, so I come by it naturally.  Oh, and I took antibiotics AND steroid eye drops for pink eye.  So, if there was any question about them, I am walking proof they are okay.  That old adage that your body is in crisis mode when sick is true!

I also made homemade ketchup, French dressing, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise and horseradish yesterday.  It was fun.  I didn't have the tomato paste that the recipes called for, so I used my little magic bullet/wand blender and zipped them into a juicy froth and used them.  I do think they would taste a little better with tomato paste, because the tomato flavor would be thicker/more pronounced.

Also, I made the mayo with coconut oil, but it does make it taste a bit like coconut.  Which, I don't mind, but I think my guests won't like it.  I didn't put enough real horseradish (from a ROOT, since all other horsey sauce has sugar) in it, so you can't taste it very well over the coconut oil.  I need to add some to it.  I'm thinking I'm going to try to find out what other oil I can use and make one with oil that is less "fruity" flavored.  I did put a dollop of mayo on my fish yesterday, with dill, onion powder, curry, garlic and pepper.  It was yummy!

So, onwards and upwards.  I'm either stopping my drops on Tuesday morning (so that will be my low dosage weight) or Wednesday (again, 2 schools of thought there).  Dr. Simeons says 72 hours (and I want to be eating in P3 by Friday morning, so I'm thinking I better follow his instructions), but I like having 1 more day on the drops because they stave off hunger AND I have the opportunity to use Wednesday's weight as my low dosage weight (and I haven't given up hope to hit 30 off).

4 comments:

  1. I would try grapeseed oil if I were you. I recently rediscovered it and I love it. It doesn't have the "olive" flavor of olive oil or the "coconut" flavor of coconut oil. I love both of those oils in certain applications, but for salad dressings and such, I prefer grapeseed oil. I find it reasonably priced at The Fresh Market.

    I'm so happy for you, Julia! Congratulations on your amazing losses and way to stick to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Abbie! Is grapeseed oil approved for HCG?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good, healthy oil so I assumed it is. I know some hcger's promote MCT oil. I had never heard of that until I started hcg. I need to look into that a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered it on Amazon. I think it was $18 for a HUGE bottle. It's supposed to be a more refined coconut oil, but without the coconut taste. It just came in the mail, but I haven't had a chance to use it. I'll try making something and then let you try it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!