Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

R1P3D12/21 - Correction Days!

November 29, 2011

Day 12/21

I had a birthday party last night and ate WAY too much approved food.  Yes, it's possible to do that.  I gained 2.1 pounds.  Yikes.  I even passed up cake.  But, I ate probably a cup of nuts and olives (black and green).  So, today is a correction day (CD), which means, I'll do the up-to-a-24-ounce steak & one apple CD.  I'll eat it for dinner tonight.  My only other CD that I did was on Saturday, and I lost 2.6 pounds as a result.  I'm hoping the same thing happens today (although, on Saturday, I ate 2 tomatoes and probably 16 ounces of steak).  I currently don't have any tomatoes in the house, but maybe I'll buy some tonight.

So, here's the deal.  You're supposed to stay within 2 pounds (up or down) of your Last Dosage Weight (LDW).  Last week, if you'll remember, I was ill from Sunday - Tuesday, and I dropped several pounds below my LDW.  Uh oh!  Well, the point of staying within 2 pounds above OR below is that, if you drop too much below, your body starts going after normal fat, so when you start eating normally again, it'll gain that back and then some.  Well, my body followed suit.  Last Wednesday, I was holding fast at 2.4 under my LDW (if I count Wednesday, November 16 as my LDW day, since I had one dose of HCG in the morning ... technically, it might be Tuesday, November 15, which would make me actually 0.2 pounds BELOW my LDW ... but I digress).  Either way, I was way below.  So, when I started eating more food (approved, non-carb), I gained a bit.  Then, Thanksgiving came, and I tried some Mary's Gone Crackers (which are supposed to be approved for P3, but I think it's really for P4).  Well, up I went at my weigh-in on Friday.  But, I was still within range.  Then, Saturday morning hit.  I was REALLY up.  2.4 to be exact.  So, I did a correction day.  I dropped 2.6 on Sunday morning's weigh-in, so the CD worked, and got me within 0.5 pound above what I was calling my LDW (from Wednesday, November 16).  So, yesterday, I maintained that weight exactly.  Then, I was STARVING at dinner (first time since mid-October that I felt "starving") and over-did it.  So, today, I correct.

That's the point of this diet.  Weigh everyday, make your best guess about why you gained, and correct.  So, hopefully, tomorrow, I'll be back down.

But, this brings up 2 more points.  The 1st is, I see a lot of people in P3 having to do correction days because they aren't exactly sure what their LDW really is.  The support group I am on FB said that people often chose the lower weight day, because they want to stay there (we all like lower weight numbers), and then they struggle to keep it off in P3 (which will mean the same in P4, I'm guessing).  SO .... perhaps I should stop counting all of my ounces and say that Tuesday, November 15 (the REAL last day I took drops) should be my LDW?  Maybe not.  We'll see if I gain again.  I mean, I DO have 4 more rounds of this that I plan on doing (starting on January 2 is Round 2!).  Okay, and 2nd is, you must MUST MUST stay within 2 pounds and correct the day you see the ounce (or pound) up or down.  Maybe I'll take my "lumps" and count November 15 as my LDW day, which will put me right at 29.9 off (not into the 30s like I wanted).  We'll see.  But, the whole point of P3 is to stabilize ... keep the weight loss flat.  I did a great job for the first 7 days, but it's been a see-saw the next 5.  So, since I have 9 days left (and Christmas time with birthdays, company lunches, potlucks, etc.), I want to stabilize well in these next 9 days. 

I think my plan will be, I'll see what the scale says tomorrow, and if it goes up 2 pounds again in a day or two, I'm going to count that as my LDW, because that's what my body will be telling me.  The fact that I keep hovering around this number might mean something a little more than, "stop eating nuts" (which it could be), but, you have calculated the wrong LDW day.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'm VERY happy I have more than 1 or 2 rounds to do with this, because the whole point of stabilization is for your body to realize that THIS is the new high mark.  Well, since I have a lot of rounds to do, this new high mark won't be my high mark for long!

Finally, I'll just say, today marks the birthdays of 2 of my favorite people ... my nephew Benjamin (who turns 3 today) and my favorite author, CS Lewis (who would have turned 113 today).  Since I can't see either one of them today, I'll just say, out here, happy birthday to 2 very slendid guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!