Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

R1P2D23/31 - What a difference 0.1 pounds make

November 8, 2011

Day 23/31

Today, the scale said I gained 0.1 ounce.  Ouch.  Why is that an ouch?  Because that little ticker over there rounds up at the 0.5 mark, and I was 24.5 pounds off (so it did say 25 pounds, but thanks to today's gain, it now shows I gained a POUND, which I didn't).  Maybe that's the good news.  I only gained 10% of what that ticker is showing.

But, that doesn't mean this has been a fun 7 days for me.  I've struggled and struggled to lose 1.1 pounds.  Of course, my positivity says that good comes from anything.  For example, I've stuck with it, haven't gone over my 500 calories a day, and had a good attitude.  But, the bloom is off the rose for this phase in the diet.  Just for now.  But, it'll bloom again.  I'm sure I'm in that "my body thinks this is my normal weight because I've been at it SO many times in the last 5- 8 years" thing.  So, I'm going to shock it into submission.  Here's what I've already done, or plan to do.

1st -- I'm going to drink so much water that I float today.  If you know me, and see me, don't be surprised if you hear bubbles, or a buoy bell dinging when I glide on by.

2nd -- I dumped the homemade chicken/tomato/onion flake/chicken broth/tomato paste soup I made.  It was quite salty, actually (hello, water retention) and, even though I triple checked ingredients for any sugars, honeys, cane juice, etc. (I made sure to follow the, "if you can't pronounce a word in the ingredients, don't eat it" rule), it probably just wasn't right for my body.  So, I was pretty happy to see that go into the garbage disposal this morning.

3rd -- I'm going back to the HCG roots.  Chicken and tilapia.  Unfortunately, I didn't have either made this morning, so for lunch, I'm having 12 plain (mini) shrimp as my protein (I had even weighed them 1/2 frozen, so they probably aren't at the 100g mark now that they've thawed).  For dinner, I'm going to make all of the tilapia and chicken I have (which are thawing in my fridge as we "speak") and I'll have one of the portions for dinner.  Probably chicken.  Just to make it not an all fish day.

So, that's the plan.  Even if I don't lose one more ounce this round, I'm sticking with the program.  And that's a HUGE victory for me.  So, this diet has changed me in a good way.  And, 24.4 pounds is nothing to sniff at.  I have more energy, I don't look like a sausage, and (here's a bonus), when my sweet Mom came over for a movie and a fire on Sunday afternoon, she said (unsolicited) that she could "really tell" and that I looked good.  : )  Bonus.

I'm going to think about that ... because:

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- think about such things."  - Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!