Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Sunday, November 6, 2011

R1P2D21/31 - Three weeks and 24.5 pounds off (pretty slow for a hard week's work)

November 6, 2011

Day 21/31

I haven't written for a few days because I was trying to figure out what's going on.  As of this morning, I have lost a total of 24.5 pounds (not the 25 the little heart ticker over to the right is showing ... I guess it rounds up).  I had been enjoying miraculous (in my eyes) weight loss for the first 14 days of the program (usually over 2 pounds a day), which was well above average (0.5 - 1.0 pound a day).  Well, then this week arrived.  Here is my weight-loss at weigh-ins:

Monday, October 31: 0.0
Tuesday, November 1: 0.9
Wednesday, November 2: 1.2
Thursday, November 3: 0.4
Friday, November 4: 0.0
Saturday, November 5: 0.5
Sunday, November 6: 0.2

Since that averages to 0.45 pounds a day, I'm thinking today, I'm going to do an apple day.  Either today, or tomorrow.  Maybe I'll give it one more day.  

The reason I'm being so impatient is, I only have 11 weigh-ins left.  Honestly, after 7 days of molasses-slow weight-loss when I have been 100% on-plan with my eating, does not feel like impatient.  That means, if I start losing 1 pound a day (again), I'll "only" lose 34.5 pounds.  I had really, really been hoping to get to 35 (at least) off (because I have so much to lose), and with my first 14 days, I thought it was possible.  Now, after this week, I think I'm going to be lucky (I don't believe in luck) to get to 30 pounds off in 33 days, since I've been trying to get to 25 off for a week!

Okay, sorry to be Debbie Downer.

So ... I'll reconfigure.  I am either going to go back to chicken for both meals today (maybe red meat for 1 meal -- 3.5 grams of lean ground sirloin for lunch -- and fish -- 3.5 grams of sole for dinner -- isn't the right combo for my body), or I'm going to do an apple day.  Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

The protocol does say 0.5 - 1.0 a day, and I'm averaging (in the 21 days) 1.16 a day.  Dr. Simeon's protocol says a couple of things:
  • A stall is 4 days of no loss (technically, I've lost)
  • When your body gets to a weight that it's been at (if you've been a habitual dieter) for a while in the past (which is where I'm at now), then you can plateau for up to 2 weeks.  In my book, this is a plateau of a week.  Maybe others will say no, since it's almost 3.5 pounds off.
  • 0.5 - 1.0 pounds per day average, so my body may be catching up with itself since I lost a lot (22 pounds in 14 days).
  • Even in times when the scale doesn't go down, we're still losing inches.  That's why his book is called Pounds & INCHES.
Maybe I'll measure myself.

Update at 8:45 a.m. -- I measured myself.  Among the many other measurements, since October 17, I have lost the following inches:

Waist -- 3.25 inches
Hips -- 4.25 inches
Thighs -- 1 inch each

I didn't lose anything in my stomach yet, but I'm not surprised at all.  I can tell my upper torso (as I said above) has lost.  Come on next 11 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!