Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Thursday, December 1, 2011

R1P3D14/21 - Hm?

December 1, 2011

Day 14/21

First, let me say, HAPPY DECEMBER 1!  I love December.  My Mom's birthday, my honorary niece's 6th birthday (Elizabeth) and Jesus' birthday.  Awesome.  Three people I love, all ready to be celebrated!

Okay, so, yesterday, I ate normal P3 foods again, and, this morning, I lost 1.1 pounds.  Huh?  I guess the yo-yo is still on the downward throw.  I'm within my 2 pounds under LDW (again, counting from Wednesday, November 16, not the higher Tuesday, November 15).  I have 7 days left of P3 to stick with my program of P3/P4, so I can start my second round by January 2.  I want a solid 35 days in P2 in this next round.  I can't wait to see how I look after a 2nd round!  No weddings, birthdays (besides my honorary niece, Julia's, 9th birthday, but she'll understand when I eat my food instead of her birthday dinner!) or holidays to derail/try to get by.  I'm hoping I'll lose another 33 pounds.  That almost astounds me just thinking what that number would be!  66 pounds?  That's a small child.  Actually, that's a medium child.  Right now, I've lost a small child (or cinder block ... see my weight loss comparison to every day objects blog).  I'm getting excited about starting again. 

Funny, because the only thing I haven't had (and occasionally want) is carbs ... a little cracker, or garlic bread, or a little pasta, or a little rice, or ... major yum ... movie theater butter drenched in futter (my word I just made up for fake butter).  Maybe I should call it buke (butter, fake)?  Uh, no.  I'm already plotting a few of those things for P4 (Sherlock Holmes 2 comes out on December 16, and I already have plans to go and share a BIG bucket.  But, I have to stabilize in P3 first.  I'm not sure if going 1.1 pounds down today makes me LESS stable.  We'll see!

So, as I happily enter my favorite month of the year, December, I reflect on the real reason for my joy.  Jesus.  Family.  Friends.  Having a stable job and a steady paycheck.  Health.  My house.  And, enough (too much!) food to eat.  I hope you have those things too.  Weight, while a fun thing to have success with, really isn't that important.  I am grateful God has brought this to me, and has given me the strength (joy & peace) to keep going even when I'm baffled.  But, I know that my weight doesn't have eternal purpose.  My attitude, and how I walk with and talk to others matters.  So, I'm grateful that God opened my eyes to the fact that I don't need food to be happy, and that it doesn't have to make me miserable.  I need Him.  And, I've got Him.  I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!