Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Friday, December 16, 2011

R1P4D8/21 - Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight!

December 16, 2011

Day 8/21

Phase 4 is, well, all about perseverance.  Especially during the Holiday season.  Food abounds.  Lots of cheating opportunities.  But, really, any diet is what the dieter makes of it.  I could cheat.  Yep, I sure could.  I could white knuckle it.  I've done that many times in many diets.  But, this time, I chose to do neither.  I choose to overcome.
  •  "To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I have overcome & sat down with my Father on His throne." - Revelation 3:21
That's the very first Bible verse I saw today.  And you know what?  I did overcome yesterday.  I didn't let gaining 1.5 pounds get me down (added with the 1 pound over LDW, I needed to do a correction day).  So, I did a steak and tomato day, kept a good mood/attitude and, today, the scale showed (drum roll please) ... a 4.4 LOSS.  Yep, by far, the best loss since I started this on October 17 (that INCLUDES load day losses).  I'm 0.1 pound away from weighing too LITTLE in this round.  Talk about a See Saw.  I do think this has something to do with my mouth being more healed (although, there's still stitches in there from that plucky wisdom tooth extraction from 10 days ago), so I can actually eat real P3/P4 food.

So, perserverance in the face of adversity (my own) is the name of the game.

That's about it for today.  Just remember, no matter who (including yourself) or what is trying to get you down, if you work to overcome, Jesus "will give the right to sit with [Him] on [His] throne, just as [He] ha[s] overcome & sat down with [His] Father on His throne." - Revelation 3:21 

Fight the urge for revenge, gluttony, anger, speeding, stealing, sex, lying ... and you will overcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!