Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Thursday, December 15, 2011

R1P4D7/21 - Muffins and muffin top

December 15, 2011

Day 7/21

Mom's surgery went well (Praise God!).  What DIDN'T go well is, around 7 last night, I ate one of the free muffins I got at the hospital that I had been saving for my sweet-toothed-97.5-year-old-Gram.  I already knew that was naughty.  But, I was prepared for it.  I had been "good" all day.  Then, after devouring it (it wasn't that good), I found it had TWO servings (of course) and a whopping 50g of carbohydrate.  So, needless to say, when I stepped onto the scale this morning, I was NOT expecting anything other than what I saw ... I was 2.5 pounds above my LDW (meaning, I gained 1.5 pounds overnight)!

So, that means, the 2 bowls of chili (with beans, sour cream, cheese and onions) + a piece of decadent fudge birthday cake w/a scoop of peppermint ice cream I had the night before for my Mom's birthday (I should mention, the scale went up 0.1 pounds the next morning) was about 250% better than one "free" muffin from the hospital.  Gotta love that pre-packaged food!  Did I say love?  I meant hate.  ; )

Of course, due to my wagon jump last night, I am correcting today.  I did an add up and I've had 5 correction days (CD) in 20 days.  Nice.  Of course, I'll say, I had a fever, surgery and was sick during part of that. 

Fortunately, gains happen & when corrected the very next day, the weight always comes off and then some, blah blah blah (if you've read my blog, you've heard it all before).  Basically, I'm remaining positive, when I gain, it's ALWAYS to the same weight and when I lose, it's always back to the same weight.  So, maybe I'm stabilized right where I'm supposed to be for now.  Fortunately, I don't want to test that with going gang-busters on food (I don't ever want to do that again anyway).  BUT, I have been making plans for certain things from my "load" list from a week or so ago.  Christmas Eve, Christmas, movie night, Potterfest Day 1 & 2 (which happens to be New Year's Eve-eve and New Year's Eve, which are 2 of my 3 loading days) ... the plans are there.  And, I bet I don't eat 1/2 or 3/4 of what I bring/want.  No prob.  Lord-willing, the food will always be there.

Oh, one more thing ... my hips are smaller and my "muffin top" (role around my middle) is almost completely gone!  Hallelujah.  Almost overnight (WHILE I gained).  That's the cool thing about this diet/protocol.  You can gain and still lose inches.  It never ceases to amaze me.  I still haven't tried the cleanse bath, but I'm going to borrow (if that's possible) one of my friend's jacuzzi-like tub (mine is a 1940 short tub) and try it out.  If nothing happens, I'm out all of $6 (64 cents for the baking soda, $1 for an orange, $2 for salt, which I needed anyway, and $2 for 2 pounds of Epsom salt).  At least I'll be clean!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!