Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

R2P3D9/21 - Eggs, eggs, eggs

February 14, 2012

Round 2, Phase 3 (Proteins) Day 9 of 21

I can't believe it!  I am SO focused on weight-loss that for the first time in, perhaps, my life, I didn't realize it was Valentine's Day until (ready for this?), I walked into work and saw my newly-married co-worker with her hair all be-dazzled.  Actually, I didn't even realize it then.  I thought, "Wow.  That's weird to see such a hairdo on a Tuesday."  I then proceeded to go to my desk, sit down, get logged onto my laptop and suddenly, I thought, "Wait ... a ... second ... today ... is ... Valentine's ... Day."  I think I have successfully proved to myself that I don't care.  First.time.ever.that.I.don't.feel.like.a.reject.today.  Hallelujah!  : )

Yesterday at work, I saw a florist delivering a beautiful bouquet of flowers to someone in my building and didn't think about VD.  And no, in case you were wondering, I DIDN'T hip check him, grab the flowers and run, thank you very much.  Actually, on Sunday, my sweet Mom gave me (instead of her traditional little box of chocolate candies) some purply-pink sparkle nail polish (on Sunday) -- which I'm wearing as I type this -- so you'd think I could remember that today is VD.  But (haha!) I didn't.  Awesome!  I guess I don't mind that it's easier for a single woman at 40 (me) to be killed by a terrorist than to get married.

So, to all of you marrieds out there, enjoy your day.  To the rest of you singletons, like me, enjoy OUR day. We get to do whatever we want, and not have someone else's mood affect ours.  Again, awesome?  Don't get me wrong ... I would like to be married someday (and I always felt that way), but right now, I'm focused on weight-loss.  I don't need distractions like going on a date and having to tell the guy, "Um, yah, I can't eat carbs right now."  : )

I guess I've COMPLETELY strayed from the HCG blog, haven't I?  I better get back to business before you hip check ME.  This morning, I gained 1.4 pounds.  No real reason, really.  Since that happens, and I've been pretty stable (except for one correction day early on), I'm doing an egg correction day today.  It is between 8 - 12 eggs (throughout the day) total, any way I want them.  I had 4 hard-boiled eggs and 52 ounces of water for breakfast.  I'm having 4 for lunch (with probably another 50 ounces of water + coffee) and I'll have 4 more for dinner (if I haven't completely gone off of eggs by then).  Oh yes, and tea.  

And Sherlock.

That's right.  I said it.  Sherlock.  We're on a first name basis now.  I have a new crush.  It's so much easier to like a virtual man.  I can see him when I want to see him, and then move on.  No let downs, cheating, fights, mood swings, space-invasion, smells (breath, toots, whatever green-house gas emissions come out of others).   : ) 

(I'm being slightly tongue and cheek here, so please put your wig back on if I've frightened you.) 

As I log off for the day, and march head-long into a day of "eggs," don't worry about me.  I won't be sitting at home feeling blue.  I will be spending my VD evening watching Sherlock Season 2, Episode 3 (my favorite!), wearing something comfortable, knitting some socks & crocheting a pair of mittens, eating eggs, having a fire in the fireplace, drinking lots of tea, giving lots of pets to Lucy-dog & having a discussion with one of my singleton friends, Kate, as we wrap up Season 2. 

Okay, enough silliness.  It's my heart's desire that each of you readers will find that God is the true lover of your soul, regardless of you are a married or a singleton.  He made you.  He loves you.  He sacrificed himself for you.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)  Now THAT's a real Valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!