Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

R2P3D16/21 - Strep Throat Freight-Train

February 21, 2012

Happy birthday to my honorary nephew, Daniel.  He's 8 today.   Look at this picture of him from almost a year ago.  I defy anyone to look at that precocious little smile and NOT feel happy.  : ) 

So, for those of you who don't know (I think you all probably do), I had a 103.5 fever and strep throat on Saturday.  Sooooooo THAT'S why I was having troubles stabilizing.  This diet does that ... you get a little bit sick, and it sucks up (and doesn't release) water for days at a time.  I suppose that's a good thing for a sick body.  But, I'll tell you what ... I haven't felt that bad in years.  My throat felt like it did when I got my tonsils taken out, so I knew something had to be wrong. 

I'm back to normal (well, almost) today.  And, my weight is in the 2 pound Last Dosage Weight (LDW) range.  I even threw caution to the wind the last three mornings and had a crumpet with Devonshire clotted cream and homemade grape jam.  It was awesome.  And, I didn't gain.  Now THIS is what P3 is supposed to be like.  I technically have 5 more days, but I'm going to keep going in P3 through the end of March, with ocassional P4 (moderately eating carbs) for special ocassions (like a movie out, or dinner with a friend).  But even then, I'm going low-carb.

Okay, enough about me.  Back to Daniel.  I pray God's blessing and protection over Daniel, that he will grow to be a mighty warrior for the Lord and that his hands and feet will do the work of God.  I have no doubt he will, because of his love of God AND his ninja like strength and dexterity that he's had from the moment I held him at 8 hours hold and his little newborn fist grabbed hold of my hair so tightly, it took TWO adult hands to pry one little newborn mit open.  Little monkey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!