Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Thursday, February 23, 2012

R2P3D18/21 - Have I traded in one addiction for another?

February 23, 2012

Round 2, Phase 3 (Proteins) Day 18/21

I've traded in my food addiction for an addiction to the BBC's Sherlock.  Okay, just kidding.  I'm just trying to find an excuse to use this picture and Season 1 (2010) with the Sherly quote and picture that I just found.  Why?  Well, yes, I think it's clever and funny.  But, mainly because I think it's apropos to this blog.  First, let me be clear.  I do NOT have delusions that I'm a fictional male character, nor do I think I'm a genious, sociopathic, Victorian sleuth.  It's because right when I saw this picture 10 minutes ago, it reminded me of what I so often think of after I hit send on this stream-of-consciousness, showing-myself-warts-and-all blog.  I very often think, "Perhaps I should have edited myself out of that just a wee bit?"  And, yet, I blather on again and again.

Okay, down to business.  Yesterday, I actually forgot to eat until 9 pm.  Uh huh.  I forgot.  Don't worry (I can literally HEAR your "oh honey" right now, Mom) ... I'm 0.2 below Last Dosage Weight (LDW), so I'm healthy.  I really drank a normal amount of water yesterday (I think around 70 - 80 ounces), which filled me up a bit.  I have never, EVER forgotten to eat.  Yes, I've chosen not to eat, but I've never forgotten!  I've even been so distracted that I didn't have time to eat.  But this time, I completely forgot.  I think, with God's help, I'm overcoming my love affair with food, little by little.  So, I ate some steak (a big chunk) around 9, stayed up until 12:30 (as late as I could push it) and woke up to ...

a 2.5 pound loss. 

To be fair, it was 2.5 pounds that I realize now, was still left over from the fever (yes, I even have a left over fever blister that has almost gone away ... I'm a picture of beauty let me tell you).  It's normal, especially when doing a weight-loss program, that when you get sick, your body stores liquid (hangs onto it like a bad penny) to help ward off infection.  So, I'm on the mend, and I'm back where I should be.  It might be Day 18 before I'm there in P3, but I'm there.  Fortunately for me, I plan on doing P4 (eating what I want, moderately) like I did in Round 1 -- I'm going to keep eating P3 foods, except for special occasions.

So, please excuse me while I leave you now to go eat lunch. 

God's blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!