Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Thursday, October 20, 2011

R1P2D4/31 - I looked a Twix in the eye, and I won!

October 20, 2011

Day 4/31

That's right ... I had Twix candy bars all around me last night (with the 5 S children getting an early Halloween treat at home), and watched them eat it (some, right in my lap, so I could smell it).  Guess what?  I thought it smelled good, it would have been tasty, but I didn't want any.  Can I say that louder?  I didn't want any!  Not the, "Oh, I'll make do."  It was a, from the bottom of my being, the very tips of my toes, I didn't want any.  It isn't worth it.  Someday, I'll have one again.  If I feel like it.  Maybe I won't.

I am stunned that this is working for me!  Okay, I'm sure you're thinking, "How can you be stunned, when you chose to do this?"  Well, it's because in the back of my mind, I thought either I'd do something wrong, or that I'm vastly different from all other human beings.  Surely this weight-loss phenomenon can only work for a lucky few.  Well, let me tell you, it's working for me, and I'm nothing special!

I'm following the HCG program (Phase 2, Day 4), and satisfied with 500 calories of protein, veggies, fruit and healthy carbs.  I know, if you're reading this for the first time, you'll think I'm starving myself, and that the weight will come back on when I go back to eating more calories.  At least, that's what I thought when I watched two of my friends start this in April.  But, they've been through 2 rounds (meaning, the Phase 1 loading 2 days, Phase 2 very low calorie days of between 21 - 40 days, Phase 3 protein 21 days, and Phase 4 which is 6 weeks of eating normally) -- TWICE people -- and have lost 60 pounds (and kept it off) and 40 pounds (and kept it off).  My other friend is just starting her 2nd round, and she's lost 25.  So, it works.  The best part is, it works without having to try hard (killing yourself not to eat, exercise, white-knuckle it to make it through).  On the whole, I haven't been tempted.  But, when the temptation comes, I think, "I want to see that scale go down, why sabbotage my work so far?"  And, since Phase 2 is the only phase where you are losing weight, I want to lose as much as possible.

Did I mention that this costs about $30 for each round (that's all 4 phases)?  Yep.  $30 for the drops.  That'll probably get me through 2 rounds, but we'll see.  That's a $1 a pound.  WAY, WAY, WAY cheaper (and there are no bad medical side effects) than WW or any other pay-as-you-go program.  And, I'm not paid to endorse it.  I'm just excited.  Go figure.  I have never lost like this ... and felt so good.

Speaking of losing, I have lost 8.2 pounds since Monday.  Seriously.  And, I cannot say this enough ... I.am.not.starving.and.I.don't.feel.deprived.  Praise God!  So, each day, this is a breakdown of what I have lost since starting on Monday, October 17, 2011:

WEIGH IN:
Tuesday, October 18 --> 2.8 down
Wednesday, October 19 --> 2.6 down
Thursday, October 20 --> 2.8 down

I know this will slow down, and probably stall at some point (around day 10) and then jump start again, but for now, this 2.5+ weight loss each day is really motivating me. 

You know what else is motivating me?  I feel different.  Now, to the average person, I still look like a big, fat blob.  But, to me, when I'm bending, or standing up to move, or looking at my body in the bathroom mirror, I see a slight difference (for the less!).  Amazing.

So, as you watch me shrink (I'm not trying to sound egotistical ... I'm trying to stay positive that it WILL happen), feel free to talk to me about why this works and more details on the program.  That's what I did with my friends Abbie, Amy and Carrie.  It's working for them (you go, ladies!), and now, it's working for me!  This isn't a cooky fad ... it's proven from a 1950s medical study.  So, ask away.  Obviously, I don't mind sharing.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!