Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Friday, October 21, 2011

R1P2D5/31 - I may be 40, but as of this morning, I'm down a decade

October 21, 2011

Day 5/31

Okay, if you haven't read my other blogs (I think it was the first one), I explained that a decade is 10 pounds in weight.  So, as of this morning (Friday, October 21), I'm down a decade from when I weighed-in on my starting day of this HCG protocol (on Monday, October 17).  10.1 pounds, to be exact.  Woo-hoo!

You know, the funny thing is, I "only" lost 1.9 pounds from yesterday's weigh-in (see my post from yesterday on the 2.6+ that I've lost the other three days) and you know what I thought?  I wonder if I did something wrong?  WRONG?  Am I nuts?  Okay, maybe a little.  The average weight that a person is supposed to lose on this is between 0.5 and 1.0 pounds a day.  So, no, I'm not doing anything wrong.  Did I do anything different (like put on lipgloss with vitamin E in it, use hand cream with lanolin, eat over my 500 calories)?  Nope.  And, I lost almost 2 pounds!  Good, then I'm golden.

I'll tell you one other little tidbit ... when I was getting ready to take a shower, I definitely look different in my midsection (between my bellybuttom and my chest).  It's not so inflated.  Awesome.  AND, this is going to sound weird, but, when I looked down at my feet, I can actually see the veins around my inner ankles.  Now, that may not mean anything to you skinny people reading this (you're probably thinking, "Um, Julia?  I can always see the veins popping out around my ankles.").  Well, I cannot remember the last time I saw them.  It's all of that bloating and fat and water retention from NOT drinking water.  I guess the 3L a day is actually good for FLUSHING my system, instead of making me retain more.  You know, for a college graduate, I can be pretty dumb some times.  : )

So, I'm facing my first weekend of VLCDays.  I am planning on doing well.  How, you may ask?  Planning is the key word.  At least for now.  I've got a "date" with some friends tonight (who don't know I'm doing this because they'll probably think it's whacky, like I did, until the see 30 pounds off of me) and I told them I'm bringing my own food because I'm trying to watch what I eat.  So, I packed my lunch and dinner this morning.  Not difficult.  Oh, yes, and in case you're wondering (from a previous post), I still have the same $2.33 in my wallet.  : )

Oh, another ring-a-ding-ding from yesterday ... I found out I can have no sugar applesauce (or make it myself by boiling a red delicious apple and mashing it).  That can be my apple serving.  Nice!

Tomorrow, I've decided, after I do a bunch of Autumn yardwork (which might make me hungrier, but I'll fight it), I'm going to google HCG recipes, so I can do something different with the food I have.  I don't want it to start tasting boring.  I went grocery shopping last night for the first time in this VLCDays and I faced many a temptation (and smell) and won!  Woo-hoo!  I bought fresh (frozen) white fish (many varieties) in amounts that, once I weigh them and split them into 100g portions, will probably feed me for the rest of my 31 days.  So, I'll prepare them & freeze them like I did with the chicken.  I think I need to buy a steamer.  Oh, and I looked on the food list and found I can have asparagus.  So, I bought at least 10 varieties of fish, 5 huge tomatoes, 4 huge cucumbers and 3 bunches of asparagus at Krogers (not cheap) for ... $41.  That'll feed me for at least a week (the veggies) and a month with the fish.  CRAZY.  I cannot believe how much I used to spend on food.  The money savings is almost as great as the weight-loss.  Almost.

So, before I sign off for the day let me share a fun (you might call it childish, but I call it fun) help that my friend Carrie told me she does.  When she sees a vending machine, she actually scowls at it.  It helps her feel a little control over any urges she might have.  I LOVE that.  So, I did it the 4 times I walked by one yesterday (which is right by the bathroom at work).  It made me smile afterwards and feel like I have power over what I put in my mouth.  Again, you skinny people are thinking, "You always did, Julia," but when you've been fat as long as I have (15 years), it's amazing how fast you feel powerless over food.

And, here's a shout out to my Abbie's Angels (since she was the one that started all of this by looking into it this Spring) ... keep up the great work, girls!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new decade! That is AWESOME! Can you believe it...in just 5 days?!

    Planning ahead really is the key for anyone wanting to make real changes in their eating habits. As a natural born procrastinator, I have always struggled with planning ahead! But it is absolutely necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Abbie! You are my inspiration and one of the reasons I'm doing this!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!