Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Thursday, October 20, 2011

R1P2D3/31 - There's already less of me & more in my bank account!

October 19, 2011

Day 3/31

I weighed in this morning, and I am down 5.4 pounds since Monday's highest weigh-in.  That's like 5 pounds of butter I'm not carrying around any more!  I'm quite happy about that.  And, I felt like I ate a lot of food yesterday (but at least 1/2 of it was veggies and the 2 fruits).  But, that's okay, they are good fillers, and they keep me regular.

 So, here I am, Day 3 of 35 of the VLCD.  I drank my 3L of water for the last 3 days, I hit my 500 calories yesterday (around 300 on Monday ... ooops!) and today, I'm all planned out for 500.  It's funny, I don't know why I rebelled at planning my menus ... it makes it a lot easier to skip Fast Food (the BANE of my existence ... I went at least 2x a day some days) and it saves MAJOR money.  I bet I was spending $10 - 20 a day on fast food.  I've been walking around with $2.23 in my wallet since Sunday evening.  And, I'm not touching it.  Boy, was fast food eating expensive on my body AND my pocketbook.  Not to mention that the food wasn't satisfying.  I'm really beginning to believe that while it might be comfort food, it's crappy, through-and-through.  

Don't get me wrong ... I love meatloaf and mashed potatoes and apple pie.  Homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes and apple pie.  But, I don't need some cafeteria in a grocery store making it for me.  Who knows what partially-hydro-addiciting-chemical that goes in it.  Homemade is the way to live and be successful at weight-loss and weight-maintenance for me!  I can do this ... it doesn't take that much to plan meals, cook for the week, etc.  And, I'll tell you what, plain chicken breast (skinless, boneless) grilled on my George Foreman Grill with only the lightest garlic salt is AWESOME. 

Okay, before you roll your eyes so much that they stick, let me just say, I know this is the honeymoon stage.  I'm only in P2, Day 3 (D3).  But, I'm NOT crabby, I'm NOT longing for more food.  And when I feel that pang of, "It's breakfast time.  Go get the McDonald's Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle," it's actually freeing to me to remember, NO, I'm not eating that now.  And, I know the fact that my body already feels better is a direct result of that poison not going in my body.  Heck, the first day, I had "dinner" (I brought my own food) with one of my dearest friends and watched them eat comfort food (including apple pie) and I literally did not care!  It didn't feel like a sacrifice not to eat it.  And, should I remind you that Monday was the day I only ate 300 calories?!

I can see that this "diet" (I'm seeing now why they call it a protocol) protocol is a life change, not just a grit your teeth and bare it for a season change.  I like that I know I can go to proteins (and I think healthy, whole fats like butter and coconot oil) in Phase 3 (P3) on November 20.  I like that I can go to real foods (not stuffing, but real foods) in Phase 4 (P4) and that Phase 2 (P2) will only last 35 days for me (Lord-willing, I'll keep losing that long).   No wonder why Amy and Abbie and Carrie all said that it's the success of it, seeing a pound (or sometimes more) come off each day is all the motivation they need to keep going.  I am the same way, and it's only D3!

I have put a little chart together (including my 35 reasons for staying in the VLCD for 35 days list) of weight-loss.  If all goes well with my body, I could be 38 pounds lighter in 35 days.  WOW.
So, as I wrap up this incredibly long post, I march into the day, feeling very equipped to be successful.  Prayer, journaling my food (this website makes it SO easy, and there's an iPhone app too ... awesome!), and remembering why I am doing this.  It's for me to feel better, be a better witness and ... dare I say it ... look better.  I can't wait to see myself emerge from this fat cocoon.

PS.  I'm 0.1 pound away from getting out of the decade (which I mentioned yesterday) that is HUGE, and I've been in for 2 years!  Here's to believing that tomorrow when I write this, I'm going to be seeing things from a different decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!