Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

R1P2D10/31 - Seeing a difference makes a difference

October 26, 2011

Day 10/31

Woo hoo! 

Okay, I'm not going to lie.  I was THRILLED to see the scale go down this morning.  And, by 3.3 pounds to top it off.  But, that's not really what thrilled me.  It could have gone down by 0.5 pounds and I would have been happy.  3.3 pounds just elevates me to thrilled.  What makes me happy is, I stuck with it in 2 mildly alarming and 1 very discouraging day.  Losing 0.7 pounds at my Sunday morning weigh-in (after losing 2.0+ every day before) was a little ... well, "blink, blink, blink ... stick with it ... it's still within protocol."  Then, losing 0.3 pounds the next day, I started to seriously fight the enemy's voice saying to chuck it, because obviously the other weight-loss was a fluke.  THEN, yesterday, GAINING 1.1 pounds?  Heaven forbid.  That was a recipe for disaster for my in-it-to-win-it personality.  But, I stayed the course (thank you for that phrase, George W. Bush)!  I kept reading (it helped that the Pounds & Inches book came in the mail), asking others, and trying to think about what I did each of those days.

Well, I figured it out (at least for now, because stalls happen).  I was mixing my "approved" veggies.  Right there, in black and white, it says to eat ONE of each thing (the protein, fruit, veggie and grissini/melba).  I took the, "eat as much as you want of the veggie" to mean VEGGIES.  Oops, my bad. 

So, I stuck with it and lost.  Tomorrow, I could gain, because of some other silly little thing that I do today that I don't notice.  I hope not.  If the weekend taught me anything, it's that I can eat 500 calories or less and stay the same or gain, because there is a clear protocol of the foods to eat and the drops that really make the difference in Phase 2.  In Phase 3, the only no-no is sugar.  So, in most cases, I think I'll be able to go back to my eye shadow, hand cream and creamy soaps.  But, in P2, since everything is so reduced, I'm staying away from it all.  : )

Sidebar:  I just looked over (as I was drinking 1L of water in my "drink 3L of water a day" challenge to myself) and read, for what I bet is the first time, my calendar Bible verse. What does it say? "Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life." Revelation 22:17b. I had to smile. Way to talk about the REAL water of life while I'm guzzling water down, God! : )  End of sidebar.  : )

Oh, and today, my only coworker who knows I'm doing this came back from vacation.  I hadn't seen her since Day 4 (October 20).  Right when she saw me, she said, "I can tell you've lost."  I said, "Oh, no you can't."  "Yes I can.  Right around here," she said.  She was pointing to the part between breast and belly button.  That's EXACTLY where I've been noticing it coming off.  "I can't see it in your face yet, but I bet I will soon," she continued.  So, for those of you reading this (??) who haven't seen me in a while, I hope you look at me very closely the next time I see you.  I want to know if you see anything and where (if you do).  If you don't, DON'T worry ... it won't frustrate me.  I'm seeing differences, but unless you're in the bathroom with me at 6 am (which, I assure you, none of you will be, so don't run screaming from the building), you won't see a difference for a while.

I want to lose 150 - 155 pounds (in my absolute ideal ... but I'll be totally fine with 130).  That means, I'm about 1/2 a pound away from being at 10%.  If I was in Weight Watchers, I'd get a sticker.  Maybe I'll give myself a sticker anyway.  Since, tomorrow, I could not only hit 10% off, but start a new decade in my weight, making that the 2nd decade I'm moving down into (out of the 16 I need to plow through).

It's the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!