Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Friday, October 28, 2011

R1P2D12/31 - I finally don't mind Baggy Butt jeans

October 28, 2011

Day 12/31

Well, it happened.  I just had two people at work (who see me every day and don't know I'm on a diet) stop me as I was walking by and have this conversation with me.  "Julia, you are losing weight, girl!" said one.  "Oh, thanks," I said, astonished.  The other piped in, "You look great.  You need to get new jeans, because you're shrinking out of those!"  It's funny ... while I felt great about that, I also immediately thought, "It's just because it's jeans day."  Funny how I'm making excuses FOR losing weight.  Especially when, in most cases, jeans (the baggy variety that every fat person wears) make people with a big stomach, rear and/or hips (me, me, me) look bigger than smaller.  So, I look smaller.  AND, I'm wearing my fat jeans. 

What, do I expect that I'm going to be the only one who notices when I lose 25, 50, 75 or 100 pounds?  No.  So, something has to be showing to the outside world when I lose 16.9 pounds.  Or maybe I should say, something should STOP showing (16.9 pounds of me).

This morning, I made a list again of small milestones I want to hit.  For instance, by Halloween (Monday), I hope to be at 20 pounds off.  That's 3 weigh-ins from now.  It's a stretch, but it COULD happen.  Why have goals if they don't stretch me?  Then, I'd like to lose another 5 pounds by November 10, which is the weight I was last year, after having my tonsillectomy and I couldn't eat for 2 weeks.  I got down to that weight, and immediately put it back on (and then some) because of course, my body didn't take from my abnormal fat cells, but my normal ones (see Dr. Simeons' Pounds & Inches book).  This time, it's NOT coming back on.  I can see it too.  Because, I don't look drawn, or droopy, or anything.  I look the same, only the slightest bit smaller.  And, my jeans are really baggy.  I'm about to look like one of those teens you see in Walmart with baggy butt jeans, and I'm 40!

I'm so hip.  Actually, I'm a little less hip than I was 16.9 pounds ago, thank you very much.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!