Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

R3P2D42/42 -- Yes, I'm done (as of midnight tonight) with Round 3, Phase 2!

May 30, 2012

Round 3, Phase 2 (Very Low Calorie) Day 42/42

No, you didn't read that wrong.  I'm going to P3 tomorrow instead of Friday.  Why?  Not because I caved, but because, when I weighed myself yesterday morning, my weight was exactly the same as Monday morning.  Since the aim of Phase 3 (proteins) is to stabilize (stay within 2 pounds up or down of your Last Dosage Weight), I figured, "Why prolong this?  If I don't take drops today and start P3 a day earlier, I'll start ahead one day stabilized!"  So, I just didn't take my drops.  Instead of white knuckling it, why not start on a good note.  This morning, I was down 0.7 pounds.  So, while my Last Dosage Weight (LDW) from Monday (the last day I took my drops) was in the decade I wanted to be in, as of this morning, I'm a little over a half a pound beneath LDW.  And, that's okay with me!  I know enough about this process by now to know that, when I start eating P3 tomorrow, the scale will go up a bit, as my body reacts to yummy things like eggs and cottage cheese and greek yogurt and bacon and (dare I say it) crumpets.  Okay, I'll hold off on the crumpets until the 3rd and last week of P3 (the week of June 17).  Maybe.  But, for all I know, my body will stabilize (meaning, not go above 2 pounds up from my weight on Monday) within a week and I'll be "a-crumpetting" every morning again.  Mmmmmm ... crumpets.  (Yes, I'm aware that I sound like Homer Simpson with donuts).

So, as of this morning, I've lost 76.8 pounds since October 17.  That means, on average, I've lost about 25 pounds each Round in Phase 2 (the "losing" Phase).  That's fine by me.  If I lose that same amount in Round 4 and Round 5, I won't quite be where I want to be, but I'll be within the final 10 pounds of my goal weight.  And, at that point, since the last 10 pounds are a killer to get off, I might just do proteins and exercise and no drops and see what that gets me.  But, I'm not worried about it.

This morning, I put on a dress that I've never worn and it fits perfectly.  I'm stunned, but happy.  If I can figure out a way to take my own full length picture, I will.  Not that I think I'm all that to look at, but because, when I did the photo memorial last Friday, I thought, "Boy, I wish I had more full-length pictures to compare to.  Since I'm just a touch above 1/2 way to my goal, I think in Round 4 and Round 5, I'll want to see my full-length shots right now.  See, that's the problem with being overweight/obese for so many years.  I "hide" from my weight-loss by not keeping any unflattering (which would be about 99% of the) pictures I get taken of me.  For any of you who have been around a child who is about ready to be potty trained, it's somewhat like that.  You know how they will run into a corner and cover their faces when they poop?  "Stop looking at me!" they will say.  They are hiding in plain sight.  But, if they cover THEIR faces, they think we can't see them.  Well, that's what I've been like, "covering" my body for so many years, by not having evidence.  Didn't work out very well for me, huh?

Well, I better get back to work.  Which is going about 33% better than before.  Maybe even 38.76425% better.  Maybe.  So, thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!