Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Friday, April 20, 2012

R3P2D12 of 24 - Plugging right along

Round 3, Phase 2, Day 12 of 24

April 20, 2012

Well, I'm half way done with Round 3 Phase 2.  That doesn't seem possible, but then I have to remember ... this is my shortest round, and I'm completely pre-occupied with my job and trying to keep sane.  Since I'm just taking lunch right now (and I worked from 7:30 - 6 yesterday), I don't feel guilty coming out to write about weight loss right now, in case you are wondering.  I guess that's the great thing about being buried -- I don't have guilt feelings of taking work in stride too much.  : )

So, this morning, my weigh in brought me a (normally) freaky number on the scale.  I'm at 66.6 pounds off.  Yes, that's a number I DON'T like, for obvious reasons.  Yet, I'm not really worrying about it.  Well, THERE'S the silver lining in this work freak out.  I'm too busy to worry about stupid things like a 1 ounce difference between a 66.6 (666, get it?) and a 66.5 ot 66.7 ("safe") weight loss.  I'm such a dork.  But, you knew that already.  :-)

Anyway, I'm ALMOST (within spitting distance of) 1/2 way to my stretch goal (140 pounds off total).  I've been praying that I will be able to get into the 70 pound off range by the end of P2 this time.  I like numbers with sevens (and threes and fives ... yes, I know I'm weird ... I said it up there) in them, and, it would put me into a new decade that I haven't been in since August 2001.  I'm praying God will answer that request with a "Sure thing, dear."  We'll see.  Regardless, I'm going in the right direction.  And, I'm so brain fried at the end of the day, that food is the last of the things I'm thinking about.

Which brings me to another point --- I am NOT turning to food to comfort me right now!  Well color me yellow and call me a banana.  Whahuh?  Yep.  This is banner new territory for me, peeps.  If this was a year ago, or even seven months ago (remember, I've been doing HCG for 6 months & 3 days), I would have been going through every fast food drive thru (yes, they spell that wrong, so now I have to, too) that I could get my car into.  And, spending a fortune.  And feeling miserable physically on TOP of feeling scared.  At least now, I don't have to feel physically miserable.  Hallelujah.

So, that's all for now.  I'll mired in the work stuff.  Still feeling hopeless (like I'm stuck there and I hate what I have to do).  Still feeling like God is using this to help me remember moment by moment that I am not in control, but He is.  Still feeling like there's a gray cloud above my head.  But, the rays of sunshine sneak through.  Some days there are more rays than the day before.  Sometimes not.  But, that's okay.  It's a season in my life.  And, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for sticking with me and praying me through this.  It's not like I was married for 15 - 25 years and my spouse left me (which, as of last night, I know three people this has happened to since the beginning of 2012).  It's not like my life was almost lost (hello, Carrie!).  It's not like I've lost my job or one (or more) of my children (you know who you are who are reading this).  It's me -- with a job and losing weight -- and I'll get over myself.  Someday.  Soon, I hope.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends ALL understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." -- Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!