Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Friday, August 10, 2012

R4P2D19/33 - Every Round is different, like snowflakes

August 10, 2012

Round 4 (R4), Phase 2 (P2) Very Low Calorie Day (VLCD) 19 of 33

Well, I'm over half way done with R4P2 (that sounds like a Star Wars robot).  I have exactly 2 weeks to go until this weight-loss portion of the HCG Round (4) draws to a close.  Then, it's maintain that weight, maintain that weight, maintain that weight.  This time, I have a plan to do it.

I'm eating P2 foods (just more of them), plus more fruits and veggies, the first week in Phase 3 (P3) -- proteins.  I'm NOT going to eat peanut butter (YUM!) the first week.  I'm going to eat cheese and dairy sparingly.  I can eat them, but I still need to fill in the cracks (as Hobbits would say) with P2 foods.  Not fill in the cracks with meat and cheese in week 1 of P3.  That's what causes instability.  I'm preparing myself mentally for that now, so I don't sabotage myself and go gang-busters on cheese sticks or something.  I stabilized well in R1, because I followed the directions (what I outlined above).  R2 and R3 -- and this is a normal thing for people -- I went a little "rogue" and went straight into P3 foods.  Um, follow the directions, Julia.  You're not THAT special where you can do your own thing.

Okay, I'm talking in third person.  Julia hates it when she does that.  OOOH, she -- I mean I -- just did it again.  :-)

Last week was a tough week for me, but I stuck with it.  The entire week (I think more like 8 days), I went down 1.2 pounds.  It was my slowest loss week yet (comparing Rounds 1 - 4).  This week, since Monday, I'm down 3.3 pounds (0.9 of that was this morning).  What have I done differently?  Well, when I felt VERY hungry (which isn't normal on HCG, but sometimes happens in week 2 or 3 for me), I doubled my protein allowance.  The 2 days I did that (T and TH), I ended up with a 1.2 and a 1.1 loss.  So, maybe I'll do that from now on, when I need a kick start.  One thing I've learned is, every Round is different.

So, I finally got below my lowest weight since August 2001.  I've beat that "record" by 2 pounds as of this morning.  I have, at most, 7 more pounds to lose before I'm at my 1996 weight record, then, another 20 from there before I beat my 1994 record.  After that, it's 30 more pounds before I weigh less than my bar days, AND less than I ever have as an adult (don't worry, Mom, it's still perfectly within my weight-range for my height and age).  So, add that up, and I have 57 pounds left to go ... anything after that is ... well, I can't say cake, because it's too high in carbs.  How about I say ... it'll be steak (that rhymes with cake & is protein).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!