Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

R6P2D3/29 -- "Roid" Rage

January 15, 2012

Round 6 (R6), Phase 2 (P2) Very Low Calorie Day (VLCD 2 of 29

No, you're not seeing things.  My progress scale went back from 91 (90.8 actually) to 68.  Whuh?!  Well, I blame myself and I blame "roid" rage.  What's that, you ask?  It's my pithy way of saying, for the first time ever, I was put on steroids (January 1 - 12) to get over a head cold.  What happened?  Well, besides eating off of plan, the "roids" helped me gain back my R5 weight.  WHAT?  You are right to be astounded.  I was.  Rather disappointed in myself, actually.  But, I'm glad I had the medication (to get over my cold) and that I had hHCG (homeopathic HCG) Round 6 to look forward to.  I got back on that wagon by loading January 10 - 12 (Happy Birthday, Jim Wallace on January 12!), while I was on my business trip.  And, boy, did I load.

Business trip food, coupled with steroids ... I was one uncomfortable camper.  Actually, I forgot, until today, that part of my gain was because of those.  But, let's be real.  After stabilizing like a champ (no correction days for me), I hit the mid-December mark, went to the Hobbit 12 times (yep) and ate enough movie theater popcorn to fill a small theater, but I didn't stop there.  I ate other stuff, like candy, and fast food.  What did I learn?  CONSTANT VIGILANCE.  Yep.  That's the name of the game.

So, I'm learning as I go, not beating myself up, and moving forward.

Today was my 2nd weigh in on P2.  I've lost 8.8 pounds in 2 days, which is my highest (by about 1/2 a pound) loss in all 6 Rounds.  I'll take it.  I have 12 pounds to go to recover my Last Dosage Weight (LDW) from Round 5 (October 28), but it's do-able. 

So, my next big adventure is preparing for my Asia (India, Singapore, Shanghai) trip from March 9 - 22.  I'll be safely ensconced in Phase 4 (eat what I want in MODERATION).  Since I can stabilize like a champ (at least, I proved THAT to myself), my next goal (or one of them) is to stay stabilized in P4.  That will be right when I travel.  Yikes!  But, I'm not giving into fear.  I'm going to do what I can to pack protein bars (I'll take suggestions on what ones are low carb too) and eat those.  So, buckle up.  I plan on zooming at jet speed back to my LDW, and hopefully, in 29 days of P2 (instead of the 23 days that I did last time), I'll be able to make up ground and deplete a few more pounds from my scale to boot.

Sorry about the radio silence in December and 1/2 of January.  Not sure where the time went, but it wasn't spent blogging, that's for sure.  I'll try to be better about staying plugged in and accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!