Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Monday, November 26, 2012

R5P4D5/48 -- I shall overcome!

November 26, 2012

Round 5 (R5), Phase 4 (P4) Eating What I Want In Moderation, Day 5 (D5) of 48

Well, for someone who Stabilized like a pro (I didn't have 1 correction day in P3), P4 Day 1-3 killed that record-breaking NO correction day.  Yes, it was Thanksgiving and the day after, and the day after that.  Actually, I'm pretty proud that I'm "only" up 5 pounds from LDW after 3 days of Carbo-load.  I think I probably gained 10 pounds before HCG.  The great thing is, I am over-coming.  I lost 2 pounds on Sunday morning, but lack of willpower (eating with reckless abandon, in my life, will make me want to keep eating that way) meant that I ate onion rings AND a Hardees chocolate chip ice cream sandwich AND 2 Lara Bars yesterday.  Yes, I found those 2 pounds again.  AND, I jumped headlong into a vat of fat.  So, I'm correcting today.

Why am I encouraged?  Because I did an about face and am stopping the crazy food frenzy.  I never would have done that before.  I happily (actually, unhappily, because it was so defeating) threw in the (food) towel and kept binge eating.  Lord-willing, NO MORE!  I have stopped myself time and time again, with the Lord's mercy, and, even though I am not 88.8 pounds off today (that's my Last Dosage Weight), or the 90.8 pounds off that I stayed at for a while in P3, I'm still 83.7 pounds off.  And, that's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Tonight, after a hectic and VERY productive day at work, I plan on going home and eating my correction meal of a T bone steak and a tomato.  Of course, as I type this, I realize, while I cooked it yesterday (knowing I'd have to bite the bullet and correct today), I put it in the freezer.  Yep.  It's frozen.  Well, I'll thaw it out somehow!  And, that's dinner.  Lord-willing, I'll be 3 pounds down tomorrow, and then I'll eat clean (NO carbs, except maybe some fruit), and that other 2.1 pounds will come off within the next week. 

That's the whole point of this.  We all have indulgent days with food.  Some (me), more than others in my life.  But, I don't have to be a slave to that sin in my life anymore.  When I have a "bad food day" -- like I did yesterday, I have the power (thank you Lord, for giving it to me!) to stand up and brush off my dirty, skinned up knees and say, "Today's a new day."  And, it is.  For about 7 more hours.  Then, it will be an old day, because tomorrow will be here.

Okay.  I better stop writing.  Lack of food, lots of water, and a whole heap of work stress have made me batty.

Oh, but before I go.  Here's the whole reason I wrote today.  I got my fasting blood test results back.  Here they are ... for those of you who scoff that this whole thing works, here are my numbers (I'm not bragging, just encouraged).  I hope you aren't color-blind, or you won't be able to see these:

Glucose (between 70-99)
December 2011 (right after Round 1): 107
June 2012 (right after Round 4): 102
November 2012 (right after Round 5): 91

Cholesterol (<200)
December 2011 (right after Round 1): 199
June 2012 (right after Round 4): 194
November 2012 (right after Round 5): 176
Triglycerides (<150)
December 2011 (right after Round 1): 148
June 2012 (right after Round 4): 88
November 2012 (right after Round 5): 56
HDL (>40)
December 2011 (right after Round 1): 57
June 2012 (right after Round 4): 62
November 2012 (right after Round 5): 65
LDL (<130)
December 2011 (right after Round 1): 112
June 2012 (right after Round 4): 114
November 2012 (right after Round 5): 100
VLDL (10-50)
December 2011 (right after Round 1): 30
June 2012 (right after Round 4): 18
November 2012 (right after Round 5): 11
Cholesterol/HDL Ratio (0-4.4)
December 2011 (right after Round 1): 3.5
June 2012 (right after Round 4): 3.1
November 2012 (right after Round 5): 2.7
And, those numbers (even the December 2011) are better than before I started HCG.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!