Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

R3P4D20/29 -- The countdown to Round 4 starts now ...

July 10, 2012

Round 3, Phase 4 (eating what I want in moderation) Day 20/29

Happy birthday to my dear friend, Linda!


I need a new picture of her (and her daughter, Elizabeth).  This is an old one, from May 2010!

Well, it's almost time to start my Round 4, Phase 2 (Very Low Calorie Day) engines.  I start back into P2 on Monday, July 23.  I'll load on Saturday, July 21, and Sunday, July 22.  I can't say I'm all that thrilled about loading, since I'm up (as of today) 7.3 pounds above this Round's P2 Last Dosage Weight (LDW).  But, again, I'm not discouraged.  I'm doing the "right" things (not condemning myself, not going gang-busters on food).  I am having treats, because, this IS Phase 4 (moderation), and, so far, besides stabilizing higher because (get this) I wasn't eating enough in P3 (YES, you gain when you don't eat enough), I have learned yet another lesson.  1) Don't do a planned break.  Yes, you've heard me ring that bell many times this round, because I learned the hard way.  2) Don't go gang-busters into P3 food the night BEFORE going into P3.  3) Track calories to make sure I'm eating enough.

So, all of you skinnies out there -- did you know that you can gain weight by not eating enough?   Be careful about that.  I tracked my calories today, and I've eaten 750.  I'm supposed to eat 2,200 by the end of the day for my weight, age, gender.  Um, better get cracking.  AND, not go above 100 (really 50) carbs.

Anyway, I've also made a pact with myself, my fellow HCGers (Abbie, Carrie and Amy) that I'm going to work out every day between now and Round 4.  I started that trend on Monday.  I rode my bike 3 miles last night (it was so nice to be back on my bike again, since the weather wasn't over 100, finally!).  Tonight, I'm taking it to Linda's and I will bike, with her family, around the neighborhood (which is about 2.5 miles).  I'm planning on biking (I guess I'm supposed to say, "cycling" -- sorry, Kate) most days, or walk (NOT my favorite exercise -- too slow) or swim laps (LOVE it, but the pool I love isn't right around the corner, so it's usually only a Saturday thing, if I'm lucky).  But, I'm exercising.  OH, and, two weeks ago, I actually jogged for a while, while I was walking my friend Kate's dog.  It was awesome.  I can't wait to run.  I haven't run since I was probably 12.

So, onto my progress.  I corrected yesterday, and biked -- er, uh, cycled -- and lost exactly 3 pounds over night.  So far today, I'm on the right track (that almost sounds like a pun, talking about exercise), so, perhaps tomorrow, the scale will go down again.  It's my plan to work hard at this these last few days in Round 3, and see if I can end up near my R3 LDW.  Even if I don't, I'll pass it by in about 2.5 weeks, which is a lovely thought.  I bought some capri jeans on clearance (HELLO, clearance!) in a size I haven't been in since 1994.  And, I'm almost in them now.  Hallelujah!  When I got home and put them on a hangar, I kept pulling at the waist, expecting it to get bigger.  And, it didn't.  And, it almost brought tears of joy to my eyes.

So, before I sign off, let me say again, "Happy birthday, Linda!"  And, God bless you all for your encouragement and prayers for me to continue running (cycling/swimming) the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!