Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Friday, March 2, 2012

R2P4D5/36 -- This isn't about weight loss or tv shows ... it's about life and prayer

March 2, 2012

Round 2, Phase 4 (eating anything in moderation) Day 5 of 36

I haven't written for a week and the reason is simple.  My mind has been consumed with prayer for 2 important people in my life.  My sister, Chris, and my friend, Carrie.  My life isn't about weight-loss (or weight-maintenance) right now -- although I'm maintaining well.  It's about praying for 2 people I love.  Let me tell you what I feel at liberty to share, so that you can be praying for them as well (if you feel God leading you to do it):

If you follow me on FB, you will know all about sweet Carrie's struggle with her heart that has happened since Sunday.  Her life is an ABSOLUTE miracle.  If you doubt God's work, just talk to me (or one of Carrie's friends/family).  She has had an ARMY (I kid you not) of people praying for her since Sunday.  I'm sure those numbers are in the thousands, from friends on FB, to family, extended family, church prayer groups, church prayer chains, neighbors, school families, etc.  I am here to say, God has worked a miracle in her (she had an aortic aneurysm on Sunday, which only a handful of people survive).  As of today, she is awake, talking (asking for a pedicure!) and waiting (in a hospital room in Chicago) to see if she will need a heart transplant or if her heart will heal with little to no damage.  I know one thing -- it will be AMAZING what God does, because it's already been amazing.  She should not be alive.  And, SHE IS.  I am stunned, excited and crying as I write that, even today, and it's been 2 since she -- against all odds -- made it back from looking at death's door.  Her struggle isn't over yet, but with each day comes more hope.  This is the verse that I found when I was on my knees (one of the many times I and others were on our knees) for Carrie:

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them: he delivers them from all their troubles."  Psalm 34:17

How awesome that God has been moving, step by step, on Carrie's behalf, so that we who believe in Him can sing His praises to others?  Talk about love?  For those of you who don't share this belief, I'll just say this and leave it ... God's ways aren't our ways (thank you very much, God's conversation with Job).  We may not know why he allows something to happen, but we can rest assured that He is working everything out for good (yes, another Bible verse paraphrase), whether we see it on earth or not.

That verse also applies to my dear sister.  I don't feel at liberty to say much here, but, please know, if I'm mentioning her and her situation at all, I believe with all my heart that she -- now, more than ever -- is in desperate need of prayer and God's miracle in her life.  I covet your prayers on her behalf.  The reason for my prayers, to be allieviated, will take miracles no less than what Carrie's deliverance from the jaws of death has taken. 

So, as you face your own battles today, remember that, even though Satan prowls around like a lion waiting to devour (Bible verse paraphrase), "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good, to accomplish what is now being done."  Genesis 50:20 

Lord, please protect Carrie and Chris -- work a miracle in their lives -- to bring them to safety, and to bring you glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!