Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Friday, October 26, 2012

R5P2D18/23 - Dreaming of meatballs

October 26, 2012

Round 5 (R5), Phase 2 (P2) Very Low Calorie Day (VLCD) 18/23

I smell meatballs.  At 1:25 on a Friday.  At work.  Meatballs.  I want meatballs.  I am resisting meatballs.  I still want meatballs.  But, I still resist meatballs.

That's what just went through my head.  Real time people, real time.

I have been SURROUNDED by food temptations today.  And, I have resisted.  Why?  Because what is the point of letting food and food cravings be my master?  But, as you can tell from my meatball-related thoughts above, I'm not much of a "need chocolate" kind of girl.  I am, however, a need meatballs kind of girl.

I am currently at exactly 88.5 pounds off, and I have 2 more weigh-ins until my Last Dosage Weight (LDW) day (Sunday).  I'll probably count Monday's weight as my LDW, since I'll take my last drops before bed on Sunday.  I'd love to ink out another 1.5 pounds to be at a "cool" 90 off.  But, 88.5 is within a chin hair of 90 pounds down.  So, who am I to be greedy?

This afternoon, I have a 6 month doctor appointment with my General Practitioner.  I'm not sure how we got on a 6 month cycle instead of the 1 year cycle to renew my prescriptions, but, there it is.  The only reason I'm mentioning this to you is because, I'm excited to go step on that scale and see the difference since the last time I was there in mid-April.  I think it's about 35-40 pounds difference.  Depending on the day I went, of course (which, I don't remember).  6 months ago, I was up to my eyeballs in the new job, freaking out, and R3P2.  This time, Dr. Piers is going to be very surprised at how much I've lost.  He actually told me when I saw him last that in about another 20 pounds, he wanted to take me off of my water retention pills (the only prescrip I can come off of ... the others are for allergies, asthma and my hormones after my hysterectomy ... and I'm not stopping those).  He thought I "had a good chance" to be 20 pounds lighter in 6 months.  Based on the day I went to the doctor last / what my weight was (and you can bet your bippy, I'm checking my chart), I do believe I am between 35-40 pounds lighter.  I think Dr. Piers will be pleased.  I know I am.

On Thursday, next week, I will officially start P3.  I plan on easing into P3 like an old man climbing into a lifeboat.  SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLY.  But, one of my encouragements NOT to go overboard (what's up with all of these nautical references?) is that I will measure myself on Thursday morning.  I want to see how many inches I've lost.  I know it's a lot.  I just checked myself out in the full length mirror last night, and I think I see a difference.  So, that means it's going to be several inches total off.  I'll let you know.  

It still smells like meatballs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!