Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Apples, Apples, Apples!

Round 12 (R12), Phase 2 (P2), Day 15 of 24
 
May 22, 2014

I'm doing my R12 apple day today.  Not because I've stopped losing.  I'm actually having the 2nd best Round ever (Round 1 beat this one, but that's normal for HCG -- Round 1 is always the best).  I'm breaking the rules -- apple days are used to break a stall in P2, and I'm not stalled.  I'm going "rogue" because I have to eat, and I simply cannot stomach the idea of eating another vegetable.  I am sick of food. Sick. Of. Food. Did you ever think you'd hear those words uttered from this mouth? I didn't.
 
I'm aware that this is SUCH a white-bread American problem to have.  There are starving people in Africa. And China. And Peoria. I'm not complaining.  "Oh gee, I'm fat because I eat too much and woe is me that I have to deny myself goodies to get healthy."  Yep.  I get the selfishness in that statement.  And, really, I'm not making it, or complaining.  I literally am stating what my stomach has been telling me since about Day 3 (I'm on Day 15).  I cannot eat another vegetable today.  Unless I want to throw up.  And, I'm pretty sure that's not great on this diet too.  I may only get 500 calories a day, but that's because HCG gets the other 2,000 calories from stored fat cells.  It won't burn if I don't eat.  So, eat I must.
 
That's why I'm eating apples today.  My 1 apple day I give myself a Round.  What a weird thing to say (like I'm saying, "I like snowflakes").
 
This Round is like my snowflake Round.  It's completely different than all of the others before it.  
 
First, I have no appetite.  I've skipped some food -- usually veggies -- from over 1/2 of my meals since I've been on this Round.  In the last 8 or so Rounds, I felt like I'm licking my plate clean.  Second, I have no cravings.  None.  I mean, if you gave me nothing to eat for 3 weeks, I'd probably be happier.  Third, this Round is a record breaker.  I'm not stressed, I'm not dying to eat other food.  I'm not chasing a number on the scale.  And, I'm still beating 10 other Rounds.  Fourth ... well, actually, I'm stunned by the first 3, so I'll stop there.
 
I've lost 18.1 pounds in 15 days.
 
It makes me smile to think that 2 short weeks ago, I couldn't fit into the clothes I'm wearing.  Well, I fit in them, but I SHOULDN'T have been wearing them in public.  This weekend, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought there should be more in this spot or that spot, and realized, "Oh yeah, I'm losing weight."  It's probably not noticeable to anyone but me, but I'll take it!
 
So, not counting tonight's feast of up to 3 apples (I've choked down 3 today), I have 16 meals left before I can put olive oil on my blessed lettuce.  I can do this!  It's only:
  • 16 pieces of fish
  • 16 pieces of fruit (I usually eat 1 orange and 1 apple a day)
  • 16 grissini (those little Italian breadsticks)
  • 8 Tbs of milk (1 Tbs a day allowed)
  • 16 vegetables
Notice I wrote vegetables last?  Vegetables.  I'm not talking about yummy versions, with butter or cheese or olive oil.  I mean as much PLAIN lettuce or celery or cucumbers as I can stomach / errr, uh, enjoy.  Plain.  Dry.  Try getting garlic or pepper to stick to dry veggies.  I dare you.  I have to eat another cucumber in the next 9 days, I just might go postal on someone.
 
So, since my food choices are made for me for the next -- say it with me -- 9 days, I need to spend the rest of my time thinking about how I'm going to stick these losses.  My dear (truly non judgmental friend, Linda) asked me last week, "What are you going to do to stick these losses?"  Good question, my sage friend.  I've decided, regardless of what the diet says (no exercise for the first 1-2 weeks of P3), I'm exercising after 48 hours in P3.  Come what may!  I'd rather gain because of exercise than lack of it.  Saturday, June 7, I'm getting on my bike, or hiking.  Mark that on your calendars.  It should be a national holiday.  National Julia Gets To Exercise Day.  I wonder if Hallmark has a card for that?  
 
My plan is to do sit ups and arm lifts, hike, cycle, and, I hope, run on a treadmill a bit.  I've never run in my life, but have always wanted to.  Wishing to do it won't make it happen.  Why not?  This "don't exercise" thing hasn't really been working out well for me.  And, while I'm not hungry for food, I actually AM hungry to exercise.  I mean it ... I FEEL hungry for it.
 
In the meantime, "Let her eat apples!"  I can't say, "Let them eat cake" because I can't have cake.  But, you already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!