Julia's progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Total Views

Sunday, July 7, 2013

R8P2D1/23 -- Out with the old ...

R(ound) 8, P(hase) 2, D(ay) 1 of 23

July 7, 2013


Before I get started, I am giving a shout out to my Grandpa, whose 103rd birthday was yesterday.  He's in Heaven, celebrating it in the best way possible (with Jesus).  I thought I'd post one of my favorite pictures of him (that I have electronically) here.  Why is it my favorite? Because it's a picture of him (30 years ago), on his birthday, doing what he always did.  Hugging my sister (on the right) and me (on the left), sitting there all snuggled up.  That happy look on his face.  I understand that now that I have beloved children in my life, whom I am happy just to be around.  That's what Grandpa was like.   So, happy birthday, Grandpa!  If you feel like reading more about him, please check out his website (http://elmermking.com/).

So, back to my weight-loss (or anti-weight-loss) journey of late.  Today, I start back into the P2 (or wonky food, as I call it) phase.  I am SOOOOO ready.  When I weighed myself this morning, I have basically erased almost 30 pounds of weight loss.  I'm ashamed to admit that, but isn't that what this blog is for?  NO MORE HIDING.

I gave up and ate SO MUCH JUNK for the last month.  Seriously.  JUNK.  June was Junk Food month, evidently.  July has been business trip junk food and loading food (I don't feel ashamed about the loading food).  SO, I have a LOT of ground to make up.  But, make it up, I will.  It's tough love time for me.  I'm loving myself enough to say, "THAT'S IT!  Back on the wagon, you petulant girl."  On the wagon I go.  It's going to be a LONG ride.  23 days of P2 eating, then on July 30, it'll be 3 weeks of P3 eating (proteins only).  I'm only giving myself 4 days of P4 (which is basically P3 + a little extra) and then, right back into loading and R9.  Almost 30 days of P2.  That means, I'm going to be spending the rest of the summer, and the early part of the Autumn not eating what I want, but what I need to lose this weight I found again + the weight I have wanted to lose but seem to rubber band back from over and over.  I'm doing it.  Do you hear me, cravings?  I'M DOING IT with God's help (and your encouragement).

SO, be prepared to read some posts that are less than excited and encouraging.  I'm looking at 3 months of restricted, non-yummy-eat-what-sounds-good food.  And, I'm excited about it.  Mostly.  I feel like this must be about what pregnant women feel like.  It's exciting to think about the changes that are coming -- and a bit frightening at the same time.  Will I be able to handle the 3 months of morning sickness (eating little amounts of food)?  Will I be able to handle the physical changes that will come?  Will I be able to handle the pain of childbirth (MAJOR food cravings when I am on yet another business trip)?  I can with the Lord.  So, here goes.

I almost said, "Here goes nothing," but that's not true.  This is going to work.  Because God has given me strength to see it through for over 1.5 years, and get back on that wagon and begin again.  So, I'm on the wagon.  And, I'm ready.  Let's roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. You can chose Anonymous and then write your name in the comments so I'll know who you are when I reply!